Enjoying Meatloaf for dinner this evening. Pretty much a staple in our household due to its simplicity.As I have looked at many recipes for meat loaf and they appear to be almost similar to each other. The original recipe I saw for this one was on eatingwell.com. This one I have actually tweaked a bit and narrowed it down. The smoked paprika that the recipe called for really gives it some extra flavor. I generally use ground turkey but you can also use ground beef.
The actual ingredients I used also shown in the photo:
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons mustard
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon everyday seasoning
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons organic ketchup for the glaze
- Optional: you can add some potatoes or keep it low carb and have just vegetables.
This meatloaf recipe is a relatively simple and budget friendly meal as most of the ingredients you may already have sitting in your fridge or cupboard. The only thing you will probably end up purchasing is the meat.
A healthy meal that you and your family can enjoy!?